Wednesday 23 February 2011

Countdown to Oscars


I am slightly obsessed.

Really, you ask.

Oh, yes.

Once a year, I sit in front of the tv for hours on end oblivious to all else –-- glued to Oscar-related programming.

The pre-show, the actual ridiculously long show, the post-show and the wrap-up.

I watch it all.

And I don’t even care who wins.

I love the gowns (the pretty ones and the disasters).

I enjoy the speeches.

Once in awhile there is a heartfelt moment when the actor is not blathering on about agents or lawyers.

I am amused by the antics on the red carpet.

Stupid repetitive questions asked and awkwardly answered.

Who is wearing what even though no one cares --- just twirl already and give us a good look at the dress, front and back!

Before the big event, I feel compelled to watch all the movies nominated for Best Picture.

There are ten in this category.

So I have seen:

The Kids Are All Right

Winter’s Bone

Perfect theatre to see Winter’s Bone. La Paloma in downtown Encinitas.
Dark and cavernous inside. A dog was wandering around the back rows so there 
was the distant rattle of chain. Better than surround sound to create mood.

Inception

Black Swan

True Grit

The King’s Speech

The Fighter

127 Hours

The Social Network

Toy Story 3

Four days and counting.

Sunday, February 27th.

Will you be watching?

No comments:

Post a Comment