Wednesday 17 November 2010

Tea With Liz


My knickers have been in a bit of a twist lately.

We are exactly at the halfway point in our London adventure and still no word from Her Majesty.

Having tea with the Queen is at the top of my Things To Do While In London list.

First, I went to visit at Buckingham Palace to extend the invitation.

Unfortunately, I could not find the knocker or doorbell so just hung out with the rest of her friends out front.


Turns out she wasn't even home - it was a ‘one flag’ day and that is a signal:

When the Queen is at home, you can see her royal flag flying from the flag pole on top of Buckingham Palace. This flag is called the Royal Standard. In flag protocol, the Royal Standard is supreme. It must only be flown from buildings where the Queen is present. It flies above the British Union Flag (Union Jack), Standards of other Royal Family members, and other British flags.”
So then I tried a more modern approach.

FaceBook.


Ok, I have access to all the important events in her life but she has ignored my friend request.

I am undeterred.

Even found us a quaint café for our tea.

An upscale bakery that proudly calls itself 'The Queen of Tarts'.



Lunch is served on pretty china.


Chairs are extra fancy - check out the beautiful fringe.

Anyway, I have a plan, and it has just been a frustrating waiting game.

Yesterday we all heard the big news about her grandson Wills and his lady friend Kate.

WOW !!!

…..I am suddenly feeling a whole lot better.

Royal engagements certainly take precedence over tea parties with out-of-towners.

I’ll sit tight.

But I will be checking my mail for a wedding invitation!





No comments:

Post a Comment