Wednesday 29 December 2010

Gift Giving – A Male Perspective


Every year we exchange, via the postal service, a Christmas package between California and Massachusetts to keep in touch with dear friends who we don’t see often enough.

On our end, I decide on the purchase.

And I am guessing that on the East Coast end it is my girlfriend making the decision.

Therefore, there is often a feminine undertone to the selection.

This year I sent a gift box of Summer Citrus Scents so they could anticipate warm weather as it looks like they are in for a long winter (Logan airport has been cancelling flights due to blizzard conditions).

She sent a beautiful set of pewter measuring spoons because she knows I love to cook.


Following is the tongue-in-cheek text exchange between our husbands this weekend.


East Coast husband: Thanks for the xmas present of body wash and assorted hand lotions.  Will really come in handy :).

West Coast husband: I just LOVE the measuring spoons! Can't wait to bake today instead of watching football.

East Coast husband: Thought you would like those. Merry Christmas :)


Next year, the guys can do the shopping.


No comments:

Post a Comment