Sunday 26 January 2014

HemaTOEma

Ka-Boom.

Just like that I was stretched out flat on the sidewalk.

It started with an evening walk in flip flops. Just a leisurely one-miler around the block. Chatting away with my husband about all the yard work we hoped to get done this weekend.

Already dark, the only illumination came from street lights. The kind that save energy.

Which is why I didn't see that the sidewalk had a bit of a buckle. Where the otherwise flat path was raised a couple of inches.


Photo taken during the daylight. 

And in a split second I was down.

Man did it hurt.

I rolled over onto the ice plant, clutching my leg, rocking back and forth, until I could catch my breath.

Then the adrenalin kicked in and I was able to hop up, continue our conversation and walk home.

And now my toe looks like this....



Didn't smudge a fresh pedicure.

But the bump sticks out so far I might not be able to jam my right foot into a shoe until the swelling goes down.








1 comment:

  1. ow ow ow ow OWWWWW Ow. Now you officially have ballerina toes.

    ReplyDelete