Friday 28 March 2014

Bench Seat Renovation



AFTER:

BEFORE:


DURING:

Unscrew the seat. Sand the wood so that the paint adheres properly.


Pick sunny day. Paint with semi-gloss white. Flip over. Repeat.


Use flat head screwdriver and needle-nose pliers to remove
bazillion furniture staples. Save padding.


JUST SHOWING OFF:





Just after DURING and before SHOWING OFF, there was a mad hunt for the heavy-duty staple gun and staples, a trip to the local fabric store, mild horror at the price of fabric that would look best, calming moment after realization of how little material was actually needed, massive stapling to attach new fabric to old seat, screwing of the seat to the bench after misplacing the original screws and searching for four new screws that were long enough.

Voila!

A new bench seat in three easy steps...I think I need to sit down.




2 comments:

  1. Yes. Sit down with a glass of wine. Job well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job on this. It is so pretty:)
    I just found your blog, from Connie above. I'm a Connie, too, and I would love to have you visit and follow me back. I so enjoy making new blogging friends.
    Have a lovely week.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete