Monday 4 August 2014

Lawn Seats at the Pops Concert

"Ain't no mountain high enough, 
Ain't no valley low enough, 
Ain't no river wiiiiiiiide enough 
to keep me from getting to you babe!!!!!"

Oh yeah, I was belting that out like I was a back up singer.

Love that song.

During the chorus I was tempted to drown out the beautiful voice of Ellis Hall, pianist and singer, former protege of Ray Charles.

At least to those in my immediate circle….the lawn people.

Those of us that brought beach chairs or blankets to the Summer Pops Concert at the Embarcadero.

Saturday night featured Motown hits, a fireworks display, beautiful view of our city skyline and pink sunset over the bay.

……who cares if we were sitting behind a tree and this was the view of the stage!




Got up and danced in the aisle with my nephew while the usher was busy cordoning us off with yellow caution tape so we didn't end up in the laps of the champagne crowd.




Fun night.



I was still singing when the last firecracker went off.


…..….cuz there just ain't no mountain high enough!



No comments:

Post a Comment