Saturday 31 August 2013

Ai Se Eu Te Pega


This song played nonstop while we were in Brazil many years ago.

Catchy, upbeat.

The tune got stuck in my head.




But I don't speak Portuguese.

So after returning home it was difficult to track down.

"Hey, have you heard the song that goes hhmm, huh, hmmm, huh, I silchie fairgoo....?"

Nope, no one had heard of it.

Had it not hit the States? Was it my humming skills? Lack of correct pronunciation for the few words that I remembered?

This summer, the song came on while we were lunching at the lake house in Finland.

Yippeee....."What is this song?"

Our Finnish friends immediately held up their cell phone, pointed it at the stereo and their app said:

          Artist:  Michel Telo
          Song: Ai Se Eu Te Pega!

Are you kidding me?

You hold up a phone and it can spit out information from 'listening'.

Is that crazy or what?

Are ALL OF YOU holding up your phone to do THAT?

Am I the last person to know this?

Well-travelled but app-ignorant.

Yup, that's me.




No comments:

Post a Comment