Tuesday 27 August 2013

Vintage Step Stool Chair

House Vintage (formerly known as Out of the Blue), a boutique on South Cedros Avenue in Solana Beach, is actually a cottage that was built in 1922.

Inside and out, there is a range of hand-made and re-purposed treasures.

Such as this gem.

Which I found irresistible.



I am attracted to old, rusty, useable items.

Not sure what this says about me.

Our wood floors seem to highlight the brown spots on the seat.

The steps are embossed with the name Cosco. 

Not to be confused with Costco, which is not known for old, rusty gems.


Finding this chair was as exciting as spotting a great pair of shoes.

And since I prefer to be barefoot...

it is even better than a new pair of shoes.


Thanks dear brother for my early birthday present!



3 comments:

  1. Don't you just LOVE that store?????? I like rusty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. old rusty useable items. you slay me, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen these types of furniture in my childhood. we can make all types of furniture and custom made designs for you, have look at our web pages ;
    Classroom Chairs
    University Classroom
    School Library
    Teachers Furniture
    Writing Boards
    School Storage
    Canteen Cafeteria
    Hostel Furniture
    Training Modules
    Administrative Office

    feel free to contact us for your requirement.

    ReplyDelete