Saturday 3 March 2012

LACMA

We spent hours walking around the Los Angeles County Museum of Art and didn't even scratch the surface of what it has to offer.

Which is okay.

Because it is the largest art museum in the western United States.

"For me the work of the embroidered Mappa is the maximum of beauty. For that work I did nothing, chose nothing, in the sense that: the world is made as it is, not as I designed it, the flags are those that exist, and I did not design them; in short I did absolutely nothing; when the basic idea, the concept, emerges everything else requires no choosing."   Alighiero e Boetti

Inside the Sculpture Garden.


Broad Contemporary Art Museum, one of seven buildings at LACMA.

Riding the very large, very tall elevator.


Modern art - how did they join the two pieces of furniture?


An exhibit you are supposed to touch!

Already eager to get back and explore.


No comments:

Post a Comment