Tuesday 16 November 2010

British Accent Workshops


Saw a sign this morning near the Waterloo train station advertising the Voice Factory.

They offer workshops for the British accent.


Intrigued….but am so much more interested in learning the vernacular….wonder if that would be part of the class?

For now, I just listen to Brits on the street, cafes and pubs.

Then I proceed to use my new favorite words like:

          brilliant

          dodgy

          wee-bit

          cheeky monkey

          rubbish

          flog

          gutted

          chuffed

Right now, I am particularly keen on the word dodgy (as I used brilliant for the first three weeks we were here and I need to change it up a bit)!

Also, not sure how to incorporate cheeky monkey into daily conversation.


No comments:

Post a Comment