Monday 29 November 2010

Nothing to Wear


Thrilled to get this email:

DESIGN MUSEUM CONFIRMATION OF BOOKING:
MANOLO BLAHNIK TALK: Monday 29th November from 7.30pm

Tried to purchase a ticket in October but they sold out immediately. Went to the Museum (to beg) and they put me on a waitlist. Then a spot opened up and now I have a ticket.

But I have nothing to wear.

ON MY FEET.

I brought 4 pairs of shoes, designed for weather and walking, to take care of my footwear needs for seven weeks in London.

These are my limited and sad, oh so sad, choices.


Bear in mind that I haven’t worn the black suede flats ONCE as they pinch my toes (last minute purchase before leaving San Diego, assumed WRONGLY that they just needed to be broken in).

There will be a crowd at the event so I probably won’t get to sit in the front row (with prime shoe visibility) but still….

this is MANOLO BLAHNIK.

Perhaps this will work in my favor.

I will meet him, shake hands, he will look down, express sympathy and offer me a pair from his 2011 collection.

A gal can dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment