Monday 2 April 2012

Blue Ribbon Pizzeria in Encinitas

In a conversation about what restaurants we enjoy in San Diego, Chef Leslie, a professional triathlete and cooking instructor, raved about the butterscotch pudding at Blue Ribbon Pizzeria.

I took note of this.

She is a very fit chef and often teaches healthy, farm-to-table and vegetarian classes. Her vegan chocolate pudding recipe contains avocado.

My thinking went something like this, if she splurges on a rich decadent butterscotch pudding, it must be worthwhile.

And I don't even care for butterscotch pudding.

It would be the last thing I would ever pick on a dessert menu.

Nevertheless, I was curious.






Wow! So good!

The whipped cream, thick caramel, butterscotch, sprinkle of fleur de sel.

Unbelievable flavor!

Oh...the pizza is great too...we had the Spring Pie with asparagus.

1 comment:

  1. Um, never even heard of this place! Must check it out! YUM!

    ReplyDelete