Sunday 21 July 2013

Whisky & Chocolate

Although we spent one night in Grantown-On-Spey, there was not enough time to follow the world-famous Whisky Trail through Speyside which includes a visit to seven working distilleries.

We did, however, make a stop at Talisker (the only distillery on the Isle of Skye) and Dalwhinnie (the highest, geographically-speaking, distillery in Scotland).

Which was more than enough distilleries for me. And not nearly enough for my husband. Oh well, what can you do.

I do not drink whisky.

Never acquired a taste for it.

Dalwhinnie Distillery - the building is beautiful.



If you read the Tour & Taste menu closely, there is an option for 4 classic malts and 4 chocolates.

Which naturally peaked my interest.




I skipped the tour.

Perused the chocolate display.

And made my decision.

Raspberry and black pepper truffle.....and hold the whisky.









No comments:

Post a Comment